Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse at 99%


My best shot at 99% of totality. Amazing how much light there still is with 1% of the sun uncovered.

The Lord was gracious to give us a clear sky.

I did a run through with cloudy morning sky yesterday, and the settings were very different.

I set up another camera just to film the backyard, but it didn't get much. I couldn't set it to manual so it kept changing the settings automatically and there is no clear darkening on the video as there was in person.

4 comments:

MAX Redline said...

It's hard to get a good shot of an eclipse. I took some during totality in 1979, and my best one came out cloudy but legible. I think you have to have filters for the lens, and I didn't.

T. D. said...

That's why professionals are still in business. They have the equipment and know how to use it. I'm amazed at all the analog lenses I see at professional sporting events. But, those guys know their business.

Still, I like to have my little shot it. Heh.

ZZMike said...

He was also gracious to give us a Moon that has the same apparent diameter as the Sun - making a total eclipse possible. It's so close to exact that when the Moon's orbit carries it a little further out, we get a ring eclipse.

T. D. said...

Hadn't thought of that ZZ. Amazingly thoughtful creating.