Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Just When You Thought Ben Carson Couldn't Get More Absurd



Dr. Ben Carson thinks trying to destroy the personal reputation of another person should not be adamantly fought against "[p]articularly when the person has admitted they were doing it for political reasons and that of course they didn't believe that nor does anyone else." This after Carson asserted that a lot of people believed the slanders Donald Trump made against Carson. "And you have to admit to some degree that it did work. A lot of people believed him."
Bianna Golodryga: Should that become status quo. Should I teach my four year old son that if he calls somebody a child molester or says they’re not intelligent just because they want to even when that’s not the case that it’s okay. 
Ben Carson: No it shouldn’t be status quo. But nor should status quo be always be retaliating and fighting back against something like that. Particularly when the person has admitted that they were doing it for political reasons and that of course they didn’t believe that nor does anyone else.
Of course, Donald Trump has never publicly said he was lying or even just kidding about Ben Carson being like a child molester and stupid. Only that “I fought back and I hit him hard, which is politics and Ben understands that."

Ben Carson is becoming an apologist for the politics of personal destruction. It's not only absurd but repulsive.

6 comments:

MAX Redline said...

Carson needs to go back on his meds.

T. D. said...

I have definitely changed my assessment that Carson is a smart man. His IQ may be high, but his lack of wisdom is rapidly undoing the reputation he has built up. It's amazing that the people Trump has most publicly destroyed are those supporting him--Christie, Palin and Carson. Rubio has grown in my estimation.

MAX Redline said...

Rubio's been a non-starter, and his latest remarks against Trump com off to me as sour. To his credit, however, he's now backing Cruz.

T. D. said...

I hear your complaint about Rubio. I just was so impressed by his intensity on the need for social and political civility for the continuance of democracy. That was a turning point for me. I have not heard any political candidate since Reagan so clearly and pointedly stress such an important underpinning of our form of government. Amazingly enough, for me even Gang of 8 is forgiven.

MAX Redline said...

That's why I like Cruz.

T. D. said...

Agree. Cruz has about as perfect a record, intellect and principles as a candidate can have. :-)