Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sarah Palin: Good Advice from Isaiah 8

From yesterday's interview with Eric Bolling [video below], Sarah Palin shares good advice about handling personal attacks.
[5:40 mark] Eric Bolling: "But with 'it' comes the attacks. Comes the liberal mainstream media who are the haters, the drive byers who want to take shots at you. How do you maintain Sarah Palin, Governor Palin, uniter, conservative? How do you maintain it with the drive by attacks?"
. . .
[7:00 mark] Sarah Palin: "Personally, the way I deal with it. I just read a verse the other day that kind of summed up for me in the Old Testament how to handle it. And its, I believe it was Isaiah 8:12 and 13. Basically it says, get the chip off your shoulder. Don’t ever say that there is a conspiracy out there against me. Don’t ever say that you are dreading something. Because if you get into that mindset then life becomes drudgery. Life’s too short to be stuck in a rut and to be bummed out. So, taking a verse like that and trying to live it out--get the chip off my shoulder, remember what’s really important in life. To me, it’s my family, and I have a well-rounded, diverse, very full family, keeps me busy. It’s my faith in God, and it’s the freedom that I have as an American. I know what really matters, so all that other stuff can go away."



Isaiah 8:
12"You are not to say, 'It is a conspiracy!'
In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy,
And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it.


13 "It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy.
And He shall be your fear,
And He shall be your dread."


H/T Stacy Drake

No comments: