Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Palin: Bain Is Fair Game

Governor Palin says that Governor Romney's time at Bain Capital is "fair game" and brings up important issues like how to get back jobs sent overseas and how to incentivize the private sector to create more jobs.



Transcript from about the 1:25 mark:
GOV. PALIN: "Mitt Romney, though, being the front runner, I think he having recently come under some criticism for some past actions in the private sector that he was involved in in Bain Capital, gives an opportunity for us to talk about some of these issues now, today, in case he is the nominee before some kind of October surprise were to be thrust upon voters."

ERIC BOLLING: "Well, Governor, let’s talk about that for a little bit. We knew the Left was going to come out. We heard David Axelrod trashing Mitt Romney. We heard the White House trashing Mitt Romney for his time at Bain Capital. They claim that he destroyed jobs. But, were you surprised to hear Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Jon Huntsman also taking shots at Mitt Romney for the same time at Bain Capital. I mean, after all it is Bain Capital, capitalism, isn’t it?"

GOV. PALIN: "Well, I think having just come out of that Iowa race where these other candidates, especially Newt Gingrich, had faced millions and millions of dollars in negative ads being run against them. You know, they kind of bucked up, and they said, “Well we’re going to take some shots at the front runner who had just taken shots at us”, via his superpac. Though I know that they all distance themselves from these super pacs. But, I think that, you know, that that’s fair game.

"That issue, of course, the Democrats were going to come after him. I think the Democrats wanted to wait for an October surprise to be able to start talking about those efforts at Bain Capital that did result in some jobs being lost or being chased overseas. Now we get to talk though about what it’s going to take to get those manufacturing jobs back here in America. How we can incentivize the private sector to create more jobs for our skilled work force that’s ready and waiting."
H/T Stacy Drake

2 comments:

Ten Mile Island said...

You asked earlier about my, and my friend Max's, opinion about Todd's endorsement.

Races are markets in flux. Would you rather invest in coal, natural gas, or wind and solar power?

Kinda depends, doesn't it?

In the race for nomination, we all find things that weren't at first apparent. Take my contribution to Herm's campaign. Do I regret it? Hmm. Love to see it back, since he decided to bow out. But, commitments are commitments. Two hundred bucks seems cheap, compared to putting ones name beside a candidates.

Can Todd change? I'm thinking, mebbe.
.

T. D. said...

I think you were right to give Cain the funds. I gave money to Fred Thompson last time and don't regret it a bit. It's important to stand behind the people you back.

I'm glad to see that Fox is still asking Herman Cain for his opinion. He's a good man and had dirt done to him by Politico and the MSM with *no* proven charges--all innuendo, which is their MO.

If I were ready to jump, I would do what Todd has done. Right now I'm in Sarah's camp of not being quite sure, but respecting those who have jumped for the right reasons. :-)