Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for William F. Buckley, Jr. - 2011

William F. Buckley, Jr., with Jeff Greenfield on Firing Line set in 1973

William F. Buckley, Jr., was born in 1925 on this date. He not only changed the course of conservatism in America, but he set a standard of intellectual integrity and personal warmth that changed the lives of many young conservatives. I was among them in the late 1960's. The first time I saw him debate, I asked him to sign my paperback copy of Rumbles Left and Right. The was the first of many kindnesses he showed me.

Proverbs 19:22 says "What is desirable in a man is his kindness". Bill Buckley was a kind, generous and loyal man--to many individuals and to his nation. He remains a blessing from the Lord.

4 comments:

MAX Redline said...

Wow! What an experience! You, sir, were truly blessed.

T. D. said...

Indeed, I was and am blessed. :-)

Thanks, Max. I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving. You and your blog are another reason for giving thanks!

MAX Redline said...

Glad that you find the blog worthy of your time. Thanksgiving was a work-day for me, but very nice nonetheless.

Hope yours was as nice.

T. D. said...

We had a nice time. Lots of family (14). Jigsaw puzzle, football, food, kids, laughter and thankfulness to God for His many blessings.