Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Problems with Windows XP Update KB951748

I have found two problems with this update.

1. It stopped internet access with the Zone Alarm firewall. I disabled Zone Alarm, got on the internet and downloaded Zone Alarm's update. That solved the internet access problem.

2. On Age of Empires II, Conquerors Expansion, the screen would automatically scroll to the top left. You could click on another part of the screen, but it would start scrolling to the upper left again. The game was unplayable like that. When I removed the XP update everything worked fine again.

Here's how to remove the update:

1. Go to START, CONTOL PANEL, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS
2. Scroll down to Windows XP - Software Updates
3. Click on the update and select REMOVE

Since I uninstalled it, I don't know what other programs the KB951748 update negatively impacts. But, if you have a software problem that is just showing up, try removing the update.

No comments: